“ When will the application portal be open for 2019 IBD full-time analyst position? ”

Hyunsin K. asked a question
during the live chat Meet the Team
to Citi Recruitment Team

25/07/2018
8 Live chat
25/07/2018
Graduate Recruitment And Development, Citi

Hi Hyunsin, our 2019 roles will be opening in September. You can complete this short form to be the first to hear about our roles opening and events we are hosting - citi.me/Citi2018 

25/07/2018
Hyunsin K.

Hi Aishling. Thank you very much for the prompt reply!

Are there any Citi specific cover letter tips you could give me?

I've completed numerous banking internships in Germany (Jefferies, Morgan Stanley etc.) and I'd be looking forward to applying for a full time position for next year.

25/07/2018

Tip 1: Don’t repeat your CV or resume
Remember that your covering letter will be attached with your CV or resume. There is no need to repeat this information. A resume is a factual document around your past experiences and achievements whereas a cover letter is your chance to articulate your interest in the role and what you bring to the table.

Tip 2: Keep it short
Less is more. Around three paragraphs or half a page will be sufficient. Attract the attention of the recruiter from the first line.

Tip 3: Address nobody
Often, you won’t know exactly who you should be addressing your letter to. You can use a generic greeting, such as ‘To Whom It May Concern’. Or you can simply start the letter without a formal salutation.

Tip 4: Finish strongly
Finish off by briefly explaining how your experience or worldview will help you succeed in the job.

25/07/2018

Hope that's helpful!

25/07/2018
Jonas H.

Great answer

25/07/2018
Cui Li L.

Hi, I was following this thread. Thank you for asking the question, Hyunsin. That was very useful advice from Aishling!

25/07/2018
Hyunsin K.

Thank you for the detailed answer!

25/07/2018
Anna G.

Thank you for your comprehensive answer Aishling!

Add to this thread

Citi

For more than 200 years Citi has enabled growth and economic progress around the world. The company provides clients and customers with a broad range of financial services and products. Its aim is to create the best outcomes for them, using financial ingenuity to develop simple, creative and responsible solutions.

A career with Citi means being part of a global firm that provides the most forward-thinking financial products and solutions to the most enterprising corporations, institutions, governments and individuals around the world.

This is an opportunity to join the heart of the global financial services industry at a truly exciting period in its development. It’s an opportunity to work with the brightest minds to drive responsible, positive change across the organisation, the banking industry, and beyond.

Visit website