Eleni D.
“ What is it about the culture at Citi that differentiates it from other banks?What do you enjoy most about working there? ”

Eleni D. asked a question
during the live chat Meet the Team
to Citi Recruitment Team

27/06/2018
12 Live chat
27/06/2018
Investment Banking Associate, Citi

Hey Eleni - we are incredibly inclusive and the bank offers a supportive culture that allows you to work across products, geographies and with an amazing array of people! That help?

27/06/2018
Eleni D.

Yes, thanks a lot! What is the most interesting part of your job on a daily basis?

27/06/2018
Investment Banking Associate, Citi

Probably the cross team work and learning, plus actually getting out to help clients find solutions to their most pressing problems

27/06/2018
Technology Infrastructure Analyst, Citi

I can't comment on the culture at other banks, but the culture at Citi is very diverse and inclusive for people from all walks of life. I am based in Belfast and the culture of the workplace was important to me when I joined. I wanted to work somewhere that was inclusive of LGBT people and was a safe place to be out at work and Citi definitely is! It is honestly a joy to come into work every day

27/06/2018
Director, Global Head Of Operational Regulatory Change, Citi

Hi Eleni, I agree with the comments from Hannah and Nick. I love the fact that Citi recognises how important it is that people are able to be themselves at work and that means celebrating diversity. We have many employee networks to be a part of, obviously including our fantastic Pride Networks. That enhances our culture and gives each of us a great opportunity to build our personal networks too! The most interesting part of my job daily is the variety. That's both in terms of the pace of change and breadth of products we deal in, but also working with teams all over the world means we are always thinking in new ways too.

27/06/2018
Eleni D.

Thank you very much! It really sounds like an amazing place to pursue a career! Hannah, what aspect of your job do you enjoy most? Clare, does you job require you to travel?

27/06/2018

I have just finished my first 9 month rotation in my graduate scheme, today is actually my first day in my new team! In my previous team, I enjoyed the range of projects I got to work on and that I could work independently and part of a local and global team at the same time. I have now moved to a new office in Belfast and have just met my new team and everyone is very friendly and I am excited to now learn about my new role and get involved in new projects. I love that I have had the opportunity to join internal networks such as Citi Pride, Citi Women and our local Voice of the Employee committee. I am part of the Citi Pride steering committee in Belfast and personally that was a big step in my own life, being able to be out at work and be comfortable enough to be visible in the workplace! I have been able to attend several training and social events with Pride which has enabled me to meet more people across the different offices here in Belfast and build a larger network of friends and allies. One of the most exciting things I am doing with Pride at the moment, is organizing a Bisexuality Awareness event in September during Bi Visibility day (23rd Sept). I attended a similar event run by a local LGBT organization in Belfast and suggested it to our local network and was met with enthusiasm and encouragement and was asked to organize the event for Belfast! So I have been working on that and I am really excited that I have been supported to run an event and be able to represent the Bi+ community, which can be overlooked at times within the LGBT+ community.

27/06/2018
Eleni D.

It must be very exciting to be part of different teams and to see how they operate. At the end of the program can you chose in which team you would like to progress?

27/06/2018

It is! Yes, we are able to see which teams (whether it is the teams we have worked in or not), have open roles and apply for them. We are permanent from when we start too, so we know our place here is secure no matter what team we end up in! So it may be we end up in an entirely new team, or we go back to one of the teams we were in before. Moving around does help understand the business and the role each team plays in each area and you get to know more people too

27/06/2018
Eleni D.

Thank you for the replies and the useful information!

27/06/2018
Esther Yemisi F.

Wow I have listened to everything you have said. Thank you Hannah and good luck with the event you are running! I hope it is open to the public.

27/06/2018

No problem! Thanks for joining :) Running it internally to begin with and then maybe plan something open for the future! Thanks for your input :)

Add to this thread

Citi

For more than 200 years Citi has enabled growth and economic progress around the world. The company provides clients and customers with a broad range of financial services and products. Its aim is to create the best outcomes for them, using financial ingenuity to develop simple, creative and responsible solutions.

A career with Citi means being part of a global firm that provides the most forward-thinking financial products and solutions to the most enterprising corporations, institutions, governments and individuals around the world.

This is an opportunity to join the heart of the global financial services industry at a truly exciting period in its development. It’s an opportunity to work with the brightest minds to drive responsible, positive change across the organisation, the banking industry, and beyond.

Visit website