“ When reviewing a CV, how much do you take into consideration the extra curricular activities? ”

Sotos G. asked a question
during the live chat Meet the Team
to Citi Recruitment Team

on 30/05/2018
7 Live chat
on 30/05/2018
TTS Analyst : Dublin, Citi

Hi Sotos, not my area of expertise but from my experience it came up quite often in interviews! I think hiring managers like to know a bit about your outside interests and it shows a well-rounded person. Best of luck!

on 30/05/2018
Assistant Vice President - Talent Acquisition For Sub Saharan Africa., Citi

Hi Sotos - To be honest, this differs in terms of recruiters but when I reviewed Graduate applications I found it interesting when a candidate mentioned he has a Science degree, then opted to do a law degree and is also a stand up comedian who opened for a famous Comedian in South Africa. It stood out quite a bit. I would say rather you insert it than leave it out.

on 30/05/2018
Sotos G.

Thank you very much! No I would never leave it out. I have been a national tennis champion for years. Tennis has been my life after all! :)

on 30/05/2018
Treasury And Trade Solutions Analyst: London, Citi

I agree with Claire when it comes to the interviews, especially the Assessment Center, there is a big focus on that. The reason being if you reach that point, you must be good so what in terms of personality will make someone want to work with you.

on 30/05/2018
Assistant Vice President - Talent Acquisition For Sub Saharan Africa., Citi

See you @ Roland Garos then Sotos!

on 30/05/2018
Sotos G.

Haha ok Shaun! And at Wimbledon also!! Rooting for the King Federer

on 18/06/2018
Brindha S.

Hi All, I worked with Citibank NA ,India as a customer support officer for about two years . Ma total work experience is 4 years . Currently am not working and have 3 years gap due to personal commitments . I have sorted out things and I wish to join back in Citi bank . Looking for jobs In abudhabi, UAE . Is it possible to get a job when I have 3 years of career break . Have completed my MBA in brand and Customer relationship management . I was handling queries on loans servicing and closures(Citi bank ) would like to know about the recruitment process here . Your guidance will be highly appreciated. Thank you

Add to this thread

Citi

For more than 200 years Citi has enabled growth and economic progress around the world. The company provides clients and customers with a broad range of financial services and products. Its aim is to create the best outcomes for them, using financial ingenuity to develop simple, creative and responsible solutions.

A career with Citi means being part of a global firm that provides the most forward-thinking financial products and solutions to the most enterprising corporations, institutions, governments and individuals around the world.

This is an opportunity to join the heart of the global financial services industry at a truly exciting period in its development. It’s an opportunity to work with the brightest minds to drive responsible, positive change across the organisation, the banking industry, and beyond.

Visit website