Dev S.
“ Do you recommend applying for full-time roles or summer internships if I am a final year masters student? ”

Dev S. asked a question
during the live chat Meet the Team
to Citi Recruitment Team

25/04/2018
13 Live chat
Specifically, I am looking at IBD focussed roles and have had previous IBD experience.
25/04/2018
Corporate Banking Associate: London, Citi

It depends on what experience you had earlier. I would recommend the internship, as the majority of the analyst class would come from earlier internship with Citi

25/04/2018
Dev S.

Many thanks for the reply Olga! I've had 10 weeks experience at JPM and 8 weeks in another mid-market firm, both in IB focused roles. Would this be counted as enough experience for the full-time roles?

Additionally, how many applications are we allowed to make to Citi in one recruiting cycle, for example, would it be possible to apply for the full-time role and the internship?

25/04/2018

Yes, you can apply for full time. I think its just higher chance to get a full time role once you done internship with Citi. You need to check with HR how many applications you are allowed to do.

25/04/2018
Rocco S.

Hi Olga. Thank you for joining this chat today.

Can I ask you why did you choose Corporate Banking ? Did you have any previous banking experiences?

25/04/2018
Dev S.

That's great to hear! Just one final question regarding CVs. Would it be advisable to include a "selected transactions" section alongside e.g. education, work experience etc., in order to highlight transactions I have worked and of course the relevant tasks carried out, or is it preferable to include that in the "work experience" section?

25/04/2018
Treasury And Trade Solutions Analyst: London, Citi

As long as this information is public, I think it is good to have some transactions on the CV to give real life examples about what you were working on

25/04/2018
Dev S.

Yes, of course, only public information. Thank you very much for the reply Hind. With respect to the cover letter, what is the ideal structure and length in your opinion? Additionally, what are the key aspects of a candidate that should be highlighted in the cover letter?

25/04/2018

Hi Rocco! I joined Citi in 2012 for a placement internship in Global Subsidiaries Group. A year later I moved into corporate banking team. Role in CB attracted me by the varieties of products you cover as well as the relationship angle. I enjoy being in client facing role and work on various deals advising client on capital structures, debt raising, derivatives, etc

25/04/2018
Treasury And Trade Solutions Analyst: London, Citi

My answer will be quite persona;, meaning this is how I would/used to do to it. In my opinion, 3 parts why Citi, why this particular business area and why me/you. I would say what needs to be showed in a cover letter is your personality. We are recruiting people that fit with Citi's culture more than we are recruiting a perfect CV interms of schools etc...
Make sure you show who you are through your letter

25/04/2018
Dev S.

That's a very helpful answer. Thank you both, Olga and Hind, for answering my questions today!

25/04/2018
MARCO C.

Hind hi again, I read on the website, but in your opinion what are the main treats of CITI's culture? Thank you

25/04/2018
Investment Banking Associate, Citi

I think talking to us you'll find that everyone is friendly and client focused - on their long term results. We also have pretty amazing work across banking divisions to deliver for clients, so we have great relationships that cross product areas. For juniors, this gives you great exposure and for clients, it means we can meet all their needs

25/04/2018
MARCO C.

Thank you Nicholas

Add to this thread

Citi

For more than 200 years Citi has enabled growth and economic progress around the world. The company provides clients and customers with a broad range of financial services and products. Its aim is to create the best outcomes for them, using financial ingenuity to develop simple, creative and responsible solutions.

A career with Citi means being part of a global firm that provides the most forward-thinking financial products and solutions to the most enterprising corporations, institutions, governments and individuals around the world.

This is an opportunity to join the heart of the global financial services industry at a truly exciting period in its development. It’s an opportunity to work with the brightest minds to drive responsible, positive change across the organisation, the banking industry, and beyond.

Visit website