“ Hi Elena, given the oil/energy rebound, what are the major deals in the sectors? ”

Anon user (#207539) asked a question in topic Life at the Company
to Any Investment Banking Insiders

on 14/12/2017
Hi Elena, given the oil/energy rebound, what are the major deals in the sectors?
on 15/12/2017
Investment Banking VP: London, Citi

Not sure what the question is? What sectors? All public deals are in the press and all non-public can't b disclosed. Please can you elaborate. Thanks

on 15/12/2017
Anon user (#207539)

Hi Elena S. Should be more clear on my questions. I am more curious on the energy sectors activities. Would it be more mid-stream focus or down street focus etc. Plus, I am wondering if there has been a greater activities in the LNG space. Thanks!

on 19/12/2017
Investment Banking VP: London, Citi

Everything is picking up when oil price increases. Generally, when there is a trough, more focus is on infrastructure, midstream and downstream. However cheap upstream assets are attractive for energy focused PEs. This is a long topic for discussion, you can probably check ft.com  on energy sector. The conversation here is very limited, I wouldn't be able to cover all aspects. LNG is influenced by many factors, hard to say that it's binary dependence on the oil price.

on 08/01/2018
Anon user (#207539)

Hi Elena, Thank you very much for your responses. It is very helpful. It is great to understand the flow from the insiders' point of view. I would like to wish you a very happy 2018! Keep in touch. W.W.

Add to this thread

Citi

For more than 200 years Citi has enabled growth and economic progress around the world. The company provides clients and customers with a broad range of financial services and products. Its aim is to create the best outcomes for them, using financial ingenuity to develop simple, creative and responsible solutions.

A career with Citi means being part of a global firm that provides the most forward-thinking financial products and solutions to the most enterprising corporations, institutions, governments and individuals around the world.

This is an opportunity to join the heart of the global financial services industry at a truly exciting period in its development. It’s an opportunity to work with the brightest minds to drive responsible, positive change across the organisation, the banking industry, and beyond.

Visit website