Beddy A.
“ Hi all, how can we show Citi's recruiting team that we are truly motivated to join the bank? ”

Beddy A. asked a question
during the live chat Meet the Team
to Citi Recruitment Team

on 01/11/2017
9 Live chat
on 01/11/2017
Corporate Banking Senior Analyst, Public Sector Group, Citi

I would say this is a great place to start. Get clued up on the events Citi holds on your campus, get involved as much as possible, and speak to as many people from Citi as you can to really get a feel for the environment we have. This will make your application much more focussed and specific

Beddy A.
on 01/11/2017
Beddy A.

Hi Lydia, thanks a lot for your answer.

on 01/11/2017
Investment Banking Vice President: London, Citi

My advice to you would be to live and breathe the job that you want to do. Read around the role, meet people, read the FT and Economist daily. Have a unique reason for why you want to work for Citi and what differentiates us from our peers. If you do all these things then you will come across as motivated and keen when we meet you in any instance

Beddy A.
on 01/11/2017
Beddy A.

I have spoken to some of Citi's employees at my university's career fair and I do my best not to miss any of the bank's online events in order to learn more about the bank and its culture. I hope I will get the chance to be interviewed by Citi.

Hi Aamir thanks a lot for your answer. I am really interested in Investment Banking and specifically M&A. I am now applying for the Spring Insight Programme. I will thoroughly follow your advices, thanks again.

on 01/11/2017

Beddy, you will need more than speaking with Citi employees. It is highly unlikely that any Citi employee will recommend you based on a brief conversation no matter how good it was. You need to demonstrate that you have a hunger for the profession and the best way to do that is to be well-read, know about the job and be methodical in your approach.

My advice to you would be to almost train up yourself to do what an analyst at an investment bank would do. Am not sure how the spring internship process works but if you do get it make the most use of the opportunity.

Beddy A.
on 01/11/2017
Beddy A.

You are absolutely right, I will definitely follow your advices. Thanks a lot Aamir, I appreciate your help.

on 01/11/2017

Most welcome Beddy and all the best

Gianluca F.
on 01/11/2017
Gianluca F.

Dear Aamir, what is the best way to train up to do what an analyst would do? Any specific recommendation ?

on 01/11/2017

Sure Gianluca, I would recommend you get a copy of the Complete Investment Banker and Navigating the Maze, read the FT and the Economist daily / weekly and understand what each department within an investment bank does

Add to this thread

Citi

For more than 200 years Citi has enabled growth and economic progress around the world. The company provides clients and customers with a broad range of financial services and products. Its aim is to create the best outcomes for them, using financial ingenuity to develop simple, creative and responsible solutions.

A career with Citi means being part of a global firm that provides the most forward-thinking financial products and solutions to the most enterprising corporations, institutions, governments and individuals around the world.

This is an opportunity to join the heart of the global financial services industry at a truly exciting period in its development. It’s an opportunity to work with the brightest minds to drive responsible, positive change across the organisation, the banking industry, and beyond.

Visit website